At Da Vinci Academy, we take safeguarding very seriously. When recruiting any member of staff, we adhere to the guidance laid down in keeping children safe in education (KCSIE).
All adults who work on our site are required to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. This is to prevent any unsuitable people from working with Da Vinci Academy pupils.
All visitors are supervised when on site.
Contact details for the Safeguarding Team can be found below:
You may want to discuss your concerns with a Social Care Worker. The First Contact Team deals with all concerns about Children and Young People across the city. You can contact them Monday to Friday, between 9 am and 5 pm. Telephone: 01332 641172.
Derby City Care Line is the out-of-hours emergency social work service for people living in or visiting Derby. You can contact them on 01332 956606 (for members of the public) or 01332 956607 (for professionals).
Safeguarding Governor: Deborah Haddon, Chair of Governors.
If you have any concerns relating to Child Protection please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Da Vinci Safeguarding Policy
- Safeguarding Team Contact Details & Out of Hours Support
- Safeguarding Curriculum
- Safer Recruitment
- Early Help (EHA)
- Online Safety
- Online Safety – Top Tips for Parents
- Let’s talk about life online – Advice for Parents
- Think Before you send – Advice for all
- Domestic Abuse (SDAT)
- How to talk to your child about knife crime
- FGM Mandatory Reporting
- The Prevent Duty
- County Lines
Information and Advice:
- Keeping Children Safe in Education
- What to do if you are worried a child is being abused
- Working together to safeguard children
- Derby & Derbyshire Safeguarding Children Partnership
- Derby & Derbyshire Safeguarding Children Partnership Web-Based Procedure
- Information Sharing Advice
- Advice for Parents – Ask the Awkward