During Year 10 at Da Vinci you will have the opportunity to attend a 1 week work placement.
Why should you do work experience?
- An opportunity to experience the world of work.
- To develop communication skills
- Work with a variety of different people
- Gain new skills and self-confidence
- Understand the connection between school and the work place
How do I find a placement?
- Information will be given in the form of a letter to parents at the beginning of Year 10
- Talk to parents and teachers
- Contact local businesses by phone, letter or e-mail
- Apply to more than one place as you may not be successful in your first application
- Ensure that the business has employee liability insurance
Before your placement commences you will be issued with a log book to record your progress. During the week your employer will be contacted.